Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Averie

**LONG POST- don't read if you don't want to hear about my other perfect child!!
Happy Birthday, Averie Lynne! This year has flown by! I cannot believe how fast you have grown up and am no longer a baby.
(These pictures are not in order, sorry, still trying to figure out this blog thing!)
You were such an easy baby. Sleeping thru the night at just 3 months. I kept you in our room a lot longer than Mason (almost 5 months) because I was just not ready for you to grow! You were generally a go-with-the-flow kinda gal, which made the adjustment from one kid to two!
You like to have the attention of EVERYONE in the room and make your presence be known by either screaming or crying. A bit high maintenance-maybe. (Your daddy and I joke that you get that from your Aunt LaLa and Aunt Heather!)
My prediction is that you are going to be bigger than your brother but probably still on the short side! You did inherit his foot and are still wearing size 2!
You loved your Dorothy costume and really enjoyed all the attention you got from it!
Even though this picture may not show it, you did love being stuffed into a pumpkin, mainly because you had easy access to food!! I really wanted to get your picture in it naked and outside, but unfortunately the weather never cooperated!
You have been completely a mommy's girl up until about 3 weeks ago. Now you can't get enough of Daddy and he loves it!! You reach for him and then hang on for dear life if he even thinks about putting you down. You have him wrapped around your little finger and that really scares me for the future! (Sorry about the picture. Our computer's graphic chip is out so I haven't downloaded a lot of pics)
You have been so good about letting me dress you and put on some big bows. People in Michigan haven't always been accepting of this, but you wear them proud!! On the same note, you definitely are a strong willed child. Although I know you love them, you are not always the easiest baby to go to everyone. You have to warm up to them- sometimes taking months, even if they are my BFFs. But I know you will come around!
You are most patient with your big brother, who adores you and I think the feeling is mutual. You let him crawl in your bed every morning and jump all around you or bury you in his bed! You want to be and do wherever, whatever he is doing, sometimes to his chagrin! I love watching you reach over and try to hold his hand in the car. You laugh at him for no reason, except maybe he looked at you. You are his greatest fan! I hope this never changes! I do, however, blame him for you talking so much and so loud. You say "hi, bye," and sometimes "thank you"
You were in your first wedding at only 6 months. You did so good- especially when you pooped all over the groom's white linen shirt BEFORE the ceremony! (Definitely trying to upstage the whole day!) You were such a party animal that night too- staying up dancing until almost midnight!
I love this toothless grin, but your teeth came fast, just like your bros. I thought you might be a biter but luckily you're too sweet for that! You like to put everything in your mouth, which has definitely been the biggest struggle with you thus far.
You are so incredibly cuddly and I have a hard time putting you down for naps if you've fallen asleep in my arms! (I know your daycare is going to blame me for your lack of sleep for that one!) When I pick you up, you pat my back as I am patting yours and nestle your head in my shoulder. Love, LOVE, LOVE it!!
This may be my most favorite picture ever!!
We had a very low key day for your birthday and wait for your party to do it up! Normally we would eat something special for breakfast, but since our oven is broken (and I am not in a hurry to fix it!!) So we made cinnamon toast in the toaster oven and sang happy birthday to you. (Mason sang it to you ALL day long!) We did go out for a special dinner at Cracker Barrel (nothing says bday like Cracker Barrel!) because we figured there was a lot there that you could eat. And of course you love it everytime! You talked a storm up to the couple next to us and they talked right back. When they left, they even gave you a dollar for your first birthday! So sweet...and you very graciously waved and said "bye, bye"
We came home to have cupcakes and sing to you once again! You weren't sure at first and very timidly bit some off, but it didn't take you long to get your hands in there and throw it off the plate! (Very opposite of Mason!)
(You and your dollar at Cracker Barrel...if this keeps up, I'll take you out more often. Maybe next time, they'll pay for the whole ticket!)
There is so much more I could say about you, but I think you already think you're hot stuff! I love you more than I ever thought possible and am so blessed to have you. You have a funny personality and looks that make me cry laughing. I do think that all these behaviors are going to be trouble later, but I am so enjoying them now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment